Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Time out

It’s been getting hard of late to bend properly to the task of keeping this blog full of entries; the mental pounding that I have been taking as a result of the relentless assault on civil liberties, the lies about our progress in the occupation of Iraq, and the news of the general incompetence of this administration have been mind boggling.

Even though I count myself as just a regular guy, I have been around the world and seen a few things. As a callow lad in San Francisco I was exposed to the seedy underbelly of the Tenderloin with its drug dealers and users: heroin addicts comatose in a third floor walk-up, a bug-ridden mattress the sole furnishing, a bare light bulb on a string the only light; I have lived on the street, and I have wined and dined in Paris, and screwed teenage ballerinas. I’ve been in drunken bar fights from San Diego to Chicago to Charleston, SC and have a collapsed lung from a six-inch rusty Bowie knife to prove it. Played pool with 12 year old hustlers on the South Side of the Loop, been French-kissed by a Hells Angel; shot at men and been shot at back. I have seen and done a few other things I’m not proud of, stuff that even now curdles my blood to think about.

Most of the time, though, it’s been pretty interesting.

But this administration, with its hacks, liars, thieves, war-mongers and incompetent advisors and mob lawyers just flat takes the cake, and I am oh so tired of Goat Boy and his whole rancid crew.

I really don’t care about much these days, but I do still care about this nation and its future. So please forgive the recent lack of witty and up to the minute commentary and news bits; I’m tired and want to take a lie down for awhile.

Somebody do something, please, and make these assholes go away; maybe then my head will stop hurting, and my heart stop breaking.

No comments: